Attention Meat Eaters!!! (friendly PSA, promise)
Wait!!! Don’t leave, you are reading this so I know you are intrigued. I am not about to tell you all the dangers of eating meat and that you should have been vegan like yesterday! By now I am certain you are aware, if not check out this article and this one as well. Now, I am all about a vegan lifestyle because it has many benefits to the body, the mind, the earth and soul. I think a healthy vegan lifestyle can work for everyone if done correctly. BUT I do understand not everyone can be or wants to be vegan for MANY different reasons. So, I offer you tips on how to help your body be healthier while you consume meat:
1. Buy local organic meat only from reputable farmers with humane animal farming practices. Or kill, butcher, and clean the animal yourself, like my mother’s family used to do. Yes, they caught the live chickens and did it all. Mmmhm, we are southern folks, South Carolina!
2. Limit the amount of meat you consume. Eat a small portion of meat 1-2 times a day no more than 5 days out of the week. If you desire meat everyday, then eat a small portion once a day.
3. Eat lighter meats like fish. Avoid farm raised fish. Try to avoid pork and beef.
4. Consume digestive enzymes or foods rich in digestive enzymes, preferably the ones that help digest complex proteins like papain and bromelain. Papayas are rich in papain and Pineapples are rich in bromelain, or you can buy isolated, dried papain or bromelain in capsule form. In addition to consuming digestive enzymes, I suggest you also consume herbs that aid digestion like ginger, peppermint, parsley, cilantro (coriander leaves), coriander seed, fennel seed, chamomile, cardamom, and cumin.
5. Cleanse!! Abstain from meat eating for 3 weeks while you preform a cleanse. As you may know, Ima geek for some Dhealthstore products, they work and the price is hard to beat for the quality! Doing a Full Body Detox 2-3 times a year will help to purge any built up toxins, extra fat, and undigested proteins. Adding a parasite cleanse in will help remove any unwanted critters that develop in the undigested meats in your colon; parasites leach nutrients from your body.
6. Colonics!! These can be preformed 3-6 times during your cleanse. On the 4th day of your cleanse, schedule your first colonic. Check out my previous post on colonics. After your cleanse you can have them done once every 6 weeks for maintenance.
7. Avoid cooking your meats in very high temperatures. High temperature cooking methods include frying, broiling, grilling, and microwaving. That’s right….fried chicken included!
8. Juice!!! This is an AWESOME way to get a large dose of vitamins (vital minerals). The vitamins from the juice will help your organs stay in tip top shape so they can purge out toxins.
9. Do not feel guilty about eating meat!! That type of energy will cause stress on your body. We all know that your thoughts create your reality. Meat is already tough on the body, do not intensify the effects with negative thoughts. Stay informed, become educated, incorporate healthy living practices and think positive. Maybe one day you will not even crave meat any more!
10. Practice proper food combining. Ill be the first to admit I do not always do this, but hey…its all good! Eating meat with heavy starches like potatoes, rice, pasta, and bread will hinder the digestion process. Consume meats with vegetables that are raw or lightly steamed. The enzymes from the raw vegetables will assist with digestion. You can season the raw veggies with the herbs listed in suggestion No. 5…fresh and raw is best, or a combo of dried and fresh with work just as well. A big raw kale, spinach, cilantro, parsley, and basil salad with tomatoes dressed with olive or hemp oil vinaigrette (Apple Cider or Coconut vinegar) will help counteract the effects of meat consumption and provide much need fiber and nutrients.
11. Exercise! Your lymphatic system is a major contributor in removing toxins from the body. Unlike the blood that has the heart to pump it through out the body, your lymph fluids do not have a pump and rely solely on physical movement….so get moving!
Reminder to vegans: you once ate meat too….well most of you did. Please remember the challenges you faced when transitioning. Please remain patient, humble, compassionate and understanding. Be healthy y’all!
Peace and Love!